Thursday, October 6, 2011

slow and steady



In March of 2009 I posted a blog entitled, "dead things" where I asked for people to donate to me any small skulls that I could cast. I also asked for advice on removing flesh and cleaning skulls. This project has since turned specifically to the collection, cleaning, molding, and casting of birds. I've done some research and learned how to better deal with all the lovely dead birds that everyone has so nicely saved for me. I've been doing this project little by little, and bit by bit, I still have lots of work to do but I've got a pretty good little collection of interesting bird skulls, wings, and talons. I urge you to keep them coming. They can be nicely preserved in a zip lock bag in your freezer ( I like to double bag). Again please, I'm only interested in found birds, I don't want anyone actually killing anything. Please handle these finds with care as birds, especially dead ones, can have disease. I will be turning what I can into pendants and rings and earrings and other such treasures so there may be a reward for those who have donated to this project....

No comments: